Technical Writing and Communication Skills Lectures
Course Objective: The objective of this course is to learn technical writing and presentation skills related to proposals, progress reports, oral presentations and much more. This course will enable students to learn and excel in communication skills.
Mini Project: Technical Report on a Research Project with Persuasive Presentation.
Tentative Grading Policy:
Assignments 25 marks
Report 25 marks
Final Term 50 marks
- ‘The Technical Writing Process’ by Marilyn Schauer Samuels.
- ‘Write With Confidence’ by Angela Burt.
- ‘Report Writing in Business’ by T J Bentley.
- ‘The Art of Communicating’ by Bert Decker.
- ‘101 Ways to Better Communication’ by Elizabeth Tierney.
- ‘Business Letters for Busy People’ by Jim Dugger.
“The world’s problems could be solved if we kept talking”
Prof. Stephen Hawking
Everything that we do throughout each day involves communication in one form or another.
- At work
- At home
- In politics
- In commerce
- In sport
- In entertainment
- In financial world
When communication breaks down the consequences can be disastrous.
COMMUNICATION IN EDUCATION
- Education is all about communication – not only of hard facts but also of thoughts and ideas and proposals on which to base discussion and debate.
- A good teacher who can effectively communicate facts, ideas and theories will turn out well-qualified pupils.
- The problem is the lack of teaching the pupils how to communicate their knowledge to others.
KNOWLEDGE IS POWER
True / False
KNOWLEDGE IS NOT POWER